Dealing with Foot Pain?
Here are a few things you can do at home to help relieve foot pain:
- Take an ice cube in a towel and apply ice massage to the calf and foot. Repeat 3-5x/day.
- Stretch calf and toes for 30-60 sec. Repeat 2-3x/day.
- Foam roll the calf and apply pressure with a golf ball to the bottom of the foot 1-2x/day.
- Eccentric calf dips and toe curls. Try 2-3 sets and 10-12 reps 1x/day.
- Apply Rock tape or Kinesio tape from the bottom of the heel up the back or inside of the calf
- Apply rock tape floss to the calf for no more than 2 minutes. Repeat 2-3x/day.
- Try using an orthopedic plantar fasciitis night splint while you sleep
If those therapies don’t provide enough lasting relief you may need to come in to the office for care where we can provide therapies like:
- Class IV therapeutic Laser therapy
- Graston therapy to remove scar tissue from the soft tissues
- Active release technique to restore normal movement patterns to the soft tissues
- Manipulate the joints in the foot to restore normal joint movement
Let me know if you have any questions. I hope these strategies help!